Friday, February 9, 2007

Webmaster Radio is definitely a mistake

Success is a trial and error process, and the one who is successful is ultimately the one that makes the most mistakes but learns from them what not to do. I don't do a lot of advertising with my business, but I tried something recently that definitely turned out to be a mistake. It sounds great, and is a great idea and a great match for my service. But one of the things that I've learned in trying several things is that the people behind any service make or break it. That is as true in my business as in any.

One example I found the hard way was Webmaster Radio. It makes a lot of sense and could be a great service. Unfortunately the people running it seem to be the thing holding it back. I'm sure there are probably a few people that have had a good experience. But I have to be honest and say that they not only didn't deliver what they promised but the people or at least the management turned out to be real jerks (to put it nicely). It didn't live up to it's potential and I guess a small account can get lost in the shuffle. That's the best description of what happened to me, except that it didn't work for us at all. And when I did speak up enough to get someone higher ups attention, I wished that I hadn't.

I would have to give their service two thumbs down. It probably won't really matter to them and doesn't relate to the theme of this blog in some ways. But I think that I have an obligation to be fair and when I see something that I love and works great, I'm going to tell you about it, and when I see something that really stinks I also have an obligation to tell others then too.

No comments: