Tuesday, February 27, 2007

InPhonics is killing Sprint


I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating this is. It's like Sprint is intentionally screwing this up to see how much I'm willing to say about them. It's eight days later and three or four seperate contacts and they say they need more information again?! Words just can't explain the exasperation I feel about them.

I've kept Radio Shack's name out of this because I had thought they had done reasonably well in starting it all. It seems like it's mainly Sprint or whoever they're using to fullfill the orders that is screwing things up. But at this point I don't know who screwed it up or how they could have possibly screwed this up so badly and so long. It's like they don't actually know how to process an order or the fullfillment dept has spys for AT&T, trying to ruin Sprint quietly on the inside.

I'm going to bring this experience to Las Vegas next week at the Channel Partners convention. Sprint Wireless has a booth there and I'm sure there will be some higher level people involve in chanel sales and they'll definitely hear about this. I'm going to bring this to Radio Shack and give them a chance to resolve it and then I'm going to an actual Sprint Store. That may have been the problem from the beginning. I don't know, but from a consumer's stand point this is the most stupidest thing I think I've ever seen a large company do in a long time.

UPDATE:
I went to the Radio Shack and again they were very patient. I think I understand where the real problem is now. I changed the name of this post because InPhonics is the problem and that's what in this case is clearly killing Sprint, from a customer point of view. After another hour on the phone, this time from Radio Shack, I think I finally reached someone at the InPhonics call center in New Deli, India, who at least sounded like he knew what he was doing.

He needed my Nextel account number. Now the people at Radio shack got this with my SSN and Nextel phone number when we ordered it, so you would think that the people processing the order would still have it or have access to at least as much as someone in a Radio Shack store does. But they assured me that that was all they needed, and that it would be shipped overnight.

I also went to the Sprint Store in the mall and found that they DO have them instock and they had never heard of InPhonic. So if the phone isn't shipped and here tomorrow, I'm canceling it and picking it up at Sprint.

No comments: