Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Customers can be great therapy

That probably sounds kind of weird and is a little hard to explain sometimes, but we all have things happen and pressure in our lives. Maybe it's a flat tire, or having to deal with your health insurance company for something. When something gets me really annoyed I kind of like getting lots of customer calls. I think it's because this is my thing, and I can answer most calls without really thinking very hard. It's sort of relaxing and has become my routine or my comfort zone.

I don't know if it's good to admit this or not, but last summer I enjoyed being able to lay out on the deck and found that I can answer the phone and jump from call to call laying in the sun without even opening my eyes. Some things require changing things in the computer so I might have to get up and go back to the computer for some things.

I think it's also because half of the callers, especially the new potential sales are calling to ask a question or two, but really just want to find out if you're real, or if this sounds safe and someone or an organization they want to work with. That's one of the reasons why I don't think voicemail is good for sales, because customers don't want to just give you their information. They usually want to ask a question or two to make sure they're comfortable.

Just keep that in mind, especially when you end the call. Your sales may go way up, by just adding a little more happiness in your voice at the end of the call, and that will also wind up making YOU feel better too. You can't help but feel good, if you really feel like you're helping people and they really appreciate your service.

No comments: