Tuesday, January 30, 2007

But I kind of like it warm...

This isn't really toll free or telecom related but I thought it was worth pointing out that it's been a very warm and mild winter this year in the Northeast where we're located, here in New York and New Jersey. The global warming zealots will probably say this proves "Global Warming" but I think it's really because I got a new snow blower, so of course it's February and we haven't had an inch of snow yet.

I also really enjoy asking people if they like the warmer winter or not? I suppose that some people who ski a lot are missing that a little, but almost everyone I've talked to has really liked the milder winter. So if this is caused by driving SUV's or anything we're doing, we should go and do as much more of this as we can. Lets all buy Hummers!

In all seriousness, we clearly don't need to change our cars that way any more than we all need to ride bicycles. But my point is that we're not all dying and the world isn't coming to an end when the average temperature is much more than 10 degrees above average. So if we're raised the temperature 1.3 degrees over the past 100 years, at this rate it will probably be even nicer here at least, in another 1000 years.

There are cycles and the earth may be warming, but that clearly doesn't mean the world is going to end. Chicken Little is cute in the cartoon movie, but I'm sorry, it's just not a catastrophe in reality.

No comments: