Saturday, January 20, 2007

Secure Login via Order ID

I got the Christmas tree down today and we changed the login system for the secure 800 Lookup. The secure 800 Lookup shows the resporg information for most toll free numbers and is accessed at https://www.TollFreeNumbers.com. Your user Order ID is the username and the password is blank. Here's the new page that explains the subscription options: http://www.TollFreeNumbers.com/subscribe.shtml. I'll probably write something here about why you need this information and how to use it.

I charge $8.95 for a whole year of access. We don't really expect to make much money at this. If we wanted to make money from this we would certainly charge more or charge it monthly. We also wouldn't give the access away to the 10,000 best prospects (our current customers) and to all phone company and law enforcement representatives. It costs us over $20,000 a month to produce this and I don't think the subscriptions will amount to more than 2 to 5 % of that cost, if I'm lucky. But I think this is important because our success has come from providing a better resource and more honest and up front information. I think that's what customers want from an internet service today.

No comments: